Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are fantastic!! From Vegan Brunch
- 473.18 ml almond milk or 473.18 ml soymilk
- 4.92 ml apple cider vinegar
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 44.37 ml barley malt syrup (room temp) or 44.37 ml maple syrup
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml cornmeal
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, use a fork or wisk to vigorously mix the milk, vinegar, oil and barley malt/maple syrup.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and mix together until batter is smooth.
- Spray waffle iron and cook waffles according to waffle iron instructions!
YUM! These are great. They are substantial, chewy waffles with a rich depth of flavor from the barley malt syrup. They might have been crispy if I had left them on the waffle iron longer, but I always get nervous about them burning and probably took them off too soon... I made them with whole wheat pastry flour and about halft the oil. Super easy and delish!