Recipe by Pianolady
Wow! I have been looking for a good recipe for what I call "Carrot Raisin Salad" and have come up empty after trying many. Then I saw Ina Garten make this on "Barefoot Contessa", and it is fantastic! It is not in any of her cookbooks, so here is the recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Top Review by val.beckum
Delicious,refreshing and so easy. For 1 person I used 1 large carrot and 1 pineapple ring,both roughly chopped and pulsd for a couple of seconds in a blender before adding a small tbs of mayonaise(with mustard, salt and pepper. I had no raisins but I didn't miss them!A perfect acompaniment for grilled gammon(ham) steak or cold baked ham
- 2 bunches topped carrots
- 1 cup mayonnaise (GOOD mayonnaise)
- 1⁄2 golden pineapple, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the carrots and grate them in a food processor fitted with the large grating attachment-- Lay the carrots on their sides in the feed tube so you will have nice long grated strands.
- Place the grated carrots in a large bowl and add the mayonnaise, pineapple, raisins, salt and pepper.
- Toss well and season to taste.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.