1/1 Photo of Old-Fashioned Carrot Salad
Wow! I have been looking for a good recipe for what I call "Carrot Raisin Salad" and have come up empty after trying many. Then I saw Ina Garten make this on "Barefoot Contessa", and it is fantastic! It is not in any of her cookbooks, so here is the recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the carrots and grate them in a food processor fitted with the large grating attachment-- Lay the carrots on their sides in the feed tube so you will have nice long grated strands.
- 2Place the grated carrots in a large bowl and add the mayonnaise, pineapple, raisins, salt and pepper.
- 3Toss well and season to taste.
- 4Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Carrot Salad
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.8
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 600.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: