Recipe by OveGlove
I got this recipe from a magazine and the picture looked so good that i had to share it with you. It's a pleasently moist cake that's dotted with sweet carrots and a hint of cinnamon. The fluffly buttery frosting is scrumtious with chopped walnuts stirred in!! ONE PIECE IS NEVER ENOUGH!!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- carrot curls or more walnuts, for garnishing (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- CAKE: In a mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar and oil; mix well.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg, and beat into egg mixture.
- Stir in carrots.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9 inch round baking pans.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- FROSTING: Cream butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually beat in confectioner's sugar and vanilla.
- Add enough milk to achieve desired spreading consistency.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Spread frosting between layers and over tops and sides of cake.
- Garnish with carrots and walnuts if desired.
- Refridgerate left overs.