1/2 Photos of Old Fashioned Carrot Cake
1 hr 20 mins
This is a sweet, heavy delicious cake that you will never fail on making. I can't keep it in my house for any more than 24 hours... Everyone eats it as soon as it's ready. The kids love this recipe for a school snack too, it's so heavy and filling for a recess snack! You can add pineapple, raisins and/or walnuts if you like... I don't!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate 4-5 medium carrots.
- 2Pre-Heat oven to 350.
- 3Grease 9x13 pan (I use an air-bake pan with a lid so I can just refrigerate after cake cools and is icing-ed).
- 4In a large bowl mix sugar, flour, baking soda, salt & cinnamon (stir together).
- 5In a medium bowl mix oil, eggs & carrots. (blend on medium with mixer).
- 6Combined wet & dry ingredients and mix till all ingredients are wet (Blending is not required).
- 7Bake 50 min, check with knife. Cake should be perfect at 50 minute.
- 8Blend cream cheese till smooth.
- 9Add vanilla, blend.
- 10Add icing sugar to preference of thickness. I like the whole 2 cups, sometimes a little bit more.
- 11Refrigerate icing till cake cools (30-40 min) Then spread evenly over cake & enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.9
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 309.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g