- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons light molasses
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup undiluted evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter, sugar, molasses and the milk in a heavy saucepan and bring to boiling.
- Add the chocolate and stir constantly until the chocolate is melted.
- Cook to the soft ball stage (234 to 240 degrees on candy thermometer), or until mixture forms a soft ball when a small amount is dropped into cold water.
- Mix in the extract and nuts and pour into a greased 8 x 8 x 2 inch pan.
- Cool and when fairly firm, cut into squares.