- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light molasses
- 1⁄2 cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut in pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter, sugar, molasses and milk in a heavy sauce pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Cook to soft ball stage (234°-240°F on candy thermometer), or until mixture forms a soft ball when a small amount is dropped into cold water.
- Mix in the vanilla and nuts and pour mixture into a greased 8x8x2 inch pan.
- Cool, and when fairly firm, cut into small squares.