Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so yummy, an old family recipe. I use it at christmas as gifts. I place it in old but decorated coffee tins and give it to teachers and bus drivers as gifts, not to mention my Mom, brother and Grandma who wait for it. My kids love this stuff and it makes a great Friday night movie treat it you want to try something different. You can add nuts, but I never do!!
- In a saucepan mix butter brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 to 6 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the baking soda until the mixture has puffed up.
- Allow 1 minute to rest.
- Placed popped popcorn in a large baking dish.
- (I use my very large turkey roasting pan without the lid.) Pour mixture over popcorn and stir until well coated.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Stir well to make sure the bottom doesn't burn, Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Pour onto a large surface to cool.
- (I cut a green garbage bag in half and cover my dining room table with it before pouring out the popcorn onto it. It saves on clean up.) Break apart to serve.