1/3 Photos of Old Fashioned Candied Yams
1 hr 30 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
Sometimes the old recipes are the best. This recipe certainly falls in that category.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients except sweet potatoes in 2 quart saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Place sliced sweet potatoes in an ungreased 9x13 dish in a single layer cut side up.
- 5Pour syrup over potatoes coating all pieces.
- 6Bake at 400 degrees until bubbly about 45 minutes basting every 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Candied Yams
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 134.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 41.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g