1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Cabbage Soup
pink cook's Note:
We love this soup. Its taste is delicious. Enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put cabbage in soup pot or a Dutch oven. Add potato cubes.
- 2Fill pot 1/2 way up the cabbage with chicken broth (or water) and cook until tender.
- 3Meanwhile, cook sausage in a fry pan. Drain. Cut sausage in pieces and add to soup.
- 4In same fry pan with the sausage drippings, add flour stirring constantly until brownish color.
- 5Add chicken broth (or water) gradually to make a thick "gravy". Add chopped onion and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Combine in soup. Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Let it simmer for a few more minutes stirring constantly.
- 7Taste seasonings and serve warm with fresh bread slices.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.9
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2742.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: