We love this soup. Its taste is delicious. Enjoy it.
Make and share this Old Fashioned Cabbage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Put cabbage in soup pot or a Dutch oven. Add potato cubes.
- Fill pot 1/2 way up the cabbage with chicken broth (or water) and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a fry pan. Drain. Cut sausage in pieces and add to soup.
- In same fry pan with the sausage drippings, add flour stirring constantly until brownish color.
- Add chicken broth (or water) gradually to make a thick "gravy". Add chopped onion and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine in soup. Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Let it simmer for a few more minutes stirring constantly.
- Taste seasonings and serve warm with fresh bread slices.