1/1 Photo of Old-Fashioned Butterscotch Sauce
Posted in reply to a request. Haven't made it, but I know I will!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan combine sugar, syrup, and butter.
- 2Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sugar has dissolved and mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Allow to boil, without stirring, for exactly 1 minute; remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3In another bowl or large measuring cup, combine evaporated milk, baking soda, and vanilla. Stir into the slightly cooled sauce.
- 4Pour into jars, cover, and refrigerate.
- 5Place jar in a pan of warm water to reheat.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Butterscotch Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (677 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1058.6
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.3 mg
- Sodium 444.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 203.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 136.5 g
- Protein 5.9 g