Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted in reply to a request. Haven't made it, but I know I will!
Make and share this Old-Fashioned Butterscotch Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, syrup, and butter.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sugar has dissolved and mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Allow to boil, without stirring, for exactly 1 minute; remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl or large measuring cup, combine evaporated milk, baking soda, and vanilla. Stir into the slightly cooled sauce.
- Pour into jars, cover, and refrigerate.
- Place jar in a pan of warm water to reheat.
This is outstanding!!!!Butterscotch is one of my favs&now i can make this at home!!!!!!prepared as directed~made vanilla ice cream shakes and added your sauce~~DIVINE!!!!!~PeggyLynn
This was absolutely beautiful! YUM! Easy to make and went so well with icecream! Tasted just like the old fashioned butterscotch!Thanks for a great recipe a keeper!