I have tried several "Old Fashioned" butterscotch pudding recipes..and this is the best I have found...and also, by FAR, the simplest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan.
- 2Stir in evaporated milk and water.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Place egg in small bowl; stir in small amount of milk mixture.
- 6Add to milk mixture; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute (be careful, mixture will bubble and might spatter on your hand so use caution).
- 7Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla extract.
- 8Pour into dessert dishes.
- 9Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 10Top with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Butterscotch Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 100.4 mg
- Sodium 184.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 35.4 g
- Protein 7.4 g