Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
- 4 large fresh eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk (NOT reduced fat)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, not margarine
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fht.
- Cream sugar and butter until smooth.
- Blend in flour, Add eggs, buttermilk, vanilla.
- Pour mixture into unbaked or partly baked pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees fht.
- for 45 minutes.
- Pie will puff some when cooking, but will settle when cut.
- *Granulated sugar and Dark brown sugar may be combined in equal parts for a different taste.
This was a really good pie. I made it last night and we all enjoyed it; however, I will cut back on the sugar next time as it was very sweet. I liked how quickly it went together and the flavor was excellent.