Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This recipe is taken from The New Art Cookbook. These cookies are so buttery and delicious. Plan ahead the dough needs to be refrigerated for 3-4 hours.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- In a bowl cream the butter with the powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Add in 1 cup flour, and the egg; beat well.
- Add in the remaining flour and nuts.
- Shape into rolls; chill for 3-4 hours, or until dough is hard enough to slice.
- Remove from the fridge, slice and bake on a greased cookie sheet, in a 350 degree oven for 7 minutes, or until the desired crispness.
- Note: If desired, these cookies may be dropped from a teaspoon onto a buttered cookie sheet.