Prep 0 mins
Cook 7 mins
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy, 4 minutes.
- Stir together flour and salt in a small bowl.
- Add to butter mixture and beat on low speed until combined.
- To shape cookies: For cookie press, spoon dough into press.
- Form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheets.
- For slice and bake cookies, refrigerate dough, wrapped, 45 minute.
- Divide dough in half.
- Shape each half on wax paper into 6" long logs; wrap.
- Chill in refrigerator 1 hour or in freezer 30 minutes.
- Slice cookies 1/8" thick; place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes, depending on shape or until set and lightly browned around edges; tops should not brown.
- Let stand on sheet 1 minute.
- Transfer with metal spatula to wire rack to cool.
I just dropped the cookie by spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet. Next time I will use my cookie press. They were not a real sweet cookie, but that is great for me. These would be great to serve with tea or coffee. I will be making these again.
Very bland. Maybe using salted sweetened butter would be better. I will also increase the sugar next time.