Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Modified from about four different brownie recipes over the years. Particularly good on the first day of your girliness. Awesome with cold milk or creamy chai tea.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cocoa, divided
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup micro-miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9 x 12 pan (I find ceramic works awesomely) with oil or butter. Set aside.
- Combine melted butter, sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time; mix each in evenly before adding the next one.
- Add cocoa in 1/4 cup measures, dumping into a sieve and shaking into bowl to ensure no cocoa-y lumps. Make sure cocoa is well integrated before adding next 1/4 cupful.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Add nuts and chocolate morsels and work well into batter.
- Pour batter into pan and shake, shake, shake to make sure everything settles.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of the pan.
- Cool at least 20 minutes before trying.
- Top should be crunchy and brownie should be warm and gooey.