Recipe by internetnut
You'll be amazed how easy it is to transform ketchup into this flavorful sweet-and-tangy barbecue sauce! I found this in Woman's World. I have not tried this, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 -5 lbs chicken pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill for direct- and indirect-heat cooking. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard.
- Combine marjoram, salt, pepper and garlic powder; sprinkle over chicken. Place chicken, skin side down, on grill over direct heat. Cover; grill until browned, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and transfer to indirect heat.
- Divide sauce in half; reserve one part. Brush chicken with remaining sauce. Cover grill; cook until no longer pink near bone, 25-35 minutes, brushing with reserved sauce during last 10 minutes of grilling time.
- No-Grill Cooking: Preheat oven to 400. Place chicken on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast 20 minutes; brush with one part of sauce. Roast 20 minutes, brushing with remaining sauce during last 10 minutes of cooking time.