Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My wonderful SIL brings this every year for thanksgiving. Moist stuffing that's not cooked in the bird yet still delicious.
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 8 cups bread cubes (potato bread is good)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl and set to the side.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a saucepan saute celery and onion in butter till soft.
- Remove from heat and add salt, pepper & poultry seasoning.
- Add the onion mixture to the bread cubes and combine. Drizzle with broth to lightly moisten then toss lightly.
- Bake covered for approximately 30 minutes.
- This can be prepared a day in advance. Let stuffing come to room temp before baking and add additional broth to moisten.