My wonderful SIL brings this every year for thanksgiving. Moist stuffing that's not cooked in the bird yet still delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place bread cubes in a large bowl and set to the side.
- 2Preheat oven to 375.
- 3In a saucepan saute celery and onion in butter till soft.
- 4Remove from heat and add salt, pepper & poultry seasoning.
- 5Add the onion mixture to the bread cubes and combine. Drizzle with broth to lightly moisten then toss lightly.
- 6Bake covered for approximately 30 minutes.
- 7This can be prepared a day in advance. Let stuffing come to room temp before baking and add additional broth to moisten.
Browse Our Top Thanksgiving Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Thanksgiving Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Bread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.2
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 571.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g