Old Fashioned Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put butter in small bowl.
- Scald milk (heat till just below boiling) and pour over butter, stir to mix well.
- Beat eggs.
- Gradually stir into milk mixture. Stir in sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Put bread cubes and raisins in a 1-1/2 quart baking dish; pour in milk mixture. Stir gently to moisten the bread evenly.
- Set in a larger pan; add hot water to the outer pan to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold.