Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Lighter version from Diabetic Cooking magazine
- 2 cups skim milk
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, cut in 1/2 in cubes
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together milk, egg whites, sugar, margarine, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add bread cubes, raisins, and dried apples. Let soak 5 minutes. Pour into casserole dish.
- Bake 35 min or until browned.