Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
from my mother's card box.
Make and share this Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 3 cups milk, scalded
- 3 eggs, beaten slightly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups day old bread, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon, allspice and ginger.
- Add scalded milk slowly to eggs and mix well.
- Add sugar/spice mixture and butter.
- stir until sugar dissolves.
- Combine bread cubes and raisins in 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Pour custard mixture over bread and stir to mix.
- Place casserole in pan of water.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted comes out clean.