Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I remember this sandwich spread from when I was a kid. Mom and Dad would buy bulk bologna every time we traveled to Indiana to see family and this was the treat that was made from the ends of the log. Chopped olives, shredded cheese or chopped pickled banana peppers could be added for a different flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bologna, coarsely ground
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients together.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Makes about 1 quart of spread.
I have never had bologna salad with eggs in it before. It was very good this way and a snap to make. I chopped the bologna in my mini food processor. My DS will have this gone in 2 days! Made for *Zaar Cookbooks Tag 2008* game
I Love this stuff. Just open-faced on a slice of bread. Added a little onion and used the salad dressing. Ground it through the grinder attachment of the kitchen-aid stand mixer. Worked great! I hope hubby likes it or I'll have to eat it all myself :)