Recipe by Stardustannie
Mmmm a lovely moist cake! I've been baking this one for years, a guaranteed winner every time.
Top Review by thespitfiregrill
Followed recipe but changed sugar to brown/soft, added 50 grms almond meal, rind of 2 lemons, cooked at 160 fan oven for 55 mins. Think cook time on recipe wrong My recipe delicious
- 250 g margarine
- 2 1⁄2 cups sultanas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter, sultana's, sugar and water in saucepan, bring to the boil, cover and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Add the eggs one at a time, then sifted flours and baking powder.
- Mix, pour into a lined 7" x 8" (18 x 20cm) square tin.
- Bake at 180 celcius or until a skewer comes out clean.