Recipe by Chef mariajane
I got this recipe from EatingWell Magazine, and it is just and old-fashioned blueberry pie and so delicious!!
- 4 cups fresh blueberries or 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (9 inch) double crust pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Rinse and drain the fresh blueberries or drain the frozen blueberries. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and cornstarch and mix well until all the lumps disappear. Add the blueberries and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
- Roll out half of the dough and fit it into a 9-inch pie pan. Fill with the blueberry mixture. Dot with butter. Roll out the remaining dough. Moisten the edge of the bottom crust with water. Fit top crust over the filled pie. Trim and crimp edges. Make 2 or 3 vent holes in the top crust.
- Brush the top crust with the cream or milk. Place the pie on a baking sheet with sides. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350F and continue baking for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbling.