Recipe by Dreamgoddess
Blackberries...yummy! This recipe was given to me by a friend at work. It's very easy to make and so good.
Top Review by Gay Gilmore
Ok, hate to say this but it just didn't set. I should have been suspicious that there is no thickening agent, but I don't know anything about pies -- I guess it could just be my bad pie-making. It tasted good, but over ice cream not under it. needs some cornstarch or flour...
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 3 cups blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the blackberries and place on paper towels to drain.
- Line the bottom of a pie pan with half of the pastry.
- Place the blackberries on top of the pastry.
- Sprinkle the sugar, cornstarch and lemon rind on top of the berries.
- Dot butter on top of the sugar, cornstarch and lemon rind.
- Cut the remaining pastry in strips.
- Place the strips in a lattice pattern on top of the pie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-45 minutes or until the top of the pie is golden brown.