Old Fashioned Black Raspberry Buckle
- Blend water, cornstarch and 1/2 cup sugar; pour over berries in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and when mixture thickens, pour into an 8x8 baking dish. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, 1 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly and set aside.
- Combine milk and egg and add to flour mixture. Stirring just to moisten.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto hot fruit mixture and sprinkle top with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400º for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.