1/2 Photos of Old-Fashioned Biscuits (From My Great Recipe Cards)
Foodie Friend's Note:
These are really good - but sometimes in my oven 15 minutes is not quite enough so watch closely to make sure they are not underdone and when adding a couple minutes make sure they don't become overdone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- 2Cut in butter using pastry cutter or use 2 knives.
- 3With fork stir in buttermilk to make a soft dough (I have used an equal amount of buttermilk powder with added water and it works wonderfully in this recipe.
- 4Turn out onto lightly floured workspace and knead no more than 10 times to form a ball (if you over do it the biscuits can be tough).
- 5Roll into a 6" x 6" square.
- 6Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- 7Cut into 12 portions but do not separate.
- 8Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Serve with butter, honey, jam, or gravy.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Biscuits (From My Great Recipe Cards)
Serving Size: 1 (576 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.3
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.9 mg
- Sodium 260.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 2.7 g