1/2 Photos of Old Fashioned Beef Stew for Your Crock Pot
10 hrs 40 mins
Take the hassle out of dinner tonight by letting this scrumptious stew simmer in your crock pot all day. From BH&G.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 lb beef or 1 lb pork stew meat, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 1/2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable juice cocktail
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Place flour in a plastic bag.
- 2Add meat cubes, a few at a time, shaking to coat.
- 3In a large saucepan or Dutch oven brown meat, half at a time, in hot oil.
- 4Drain off fat.
- 5In the bottom of a 3-1/2- or 4-quart electric crock pot layer onion, potatoes, green beans, corn, carrot, and meat.
- 6Combine vegetable juice cocktail, bouillon granules, Worcestershire sauce, marjoram, oregano, pepper, and bay leaf.
- 7Pour over meat and vegetables in crock pot.
- 8Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 9Discard bay leaf.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Beef Stew for Your Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (546 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.1
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 530.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: