1/2 Photos of Old Fashioned Beef Stew
3 hrs 20 mins
pickypeanut davis's Note:
This stew is awsome! It serves a family of 4 perfectly for dinner. And it goes great with cornbread.I used a family recipe and adjusted it a little to please the whole family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1coat meat with flour then brown in the oil in a skillet on stove top.
- 2takes about 2 minutes on med heat.
- 3lightly salt and pepper while browning.
- 4In a stew pot place meat and cover with water.
- 5Add onion, rosemary, celery seed, and boullion cubes.
- 6Simmer on medium heat for 2 1/2 hours or until meat real tender.
- 7May have to add more water occasionally.
- 8After meat is tender, add potatoes and carrots and cook till vegetables are tender.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.4
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 413.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 36.9 g