Recipe by pickypeanut davis
This stew is awsome! It serves a family of 4 perfectly for dinner. And it goes great with cornbread.I used a family recipe and adjusted it a little to please the whole family.
Top Review by Sparklebaby
Nice simple recipe and was glad there was no corn starch or too much of a tomato flavour. Made this vegetarian with portobello mushrooms and veggie stock. Excellent -- just like a 'beef' stew from before I became veg. Added worcestershire sauce and thyme.
- 1 -2 lb tenderized beef stew meat
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- coat meat with flour then brown in the oil in a skillet on stove top.
- takes about 2 minutes on med heat.
- lightly salt and pepper while browning.
- In a stew pot place meat and cover with water.
- Add onion, rosemary, celery seed, and boullion cubes.
- Simmer on medium heat for 2 1/2 hours or until meat real tender.
- May have to add more water occasionally.
- After meat is tender, add potatoes and carrots and cook till vegetables are tender.