Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
This is a one-dish wonder from Grandma's Best Loved Recipes. Easy to prepare and very filling.
Top Review by lizwilcox
Made this last night and thought it was excellent! Very easy, too. The only change I made was that I used crescent rolls instead of biscuits since that's what I had on hand. Rolled them up as usual and put them along the edges of my pan. Hubby liked this. I will definitely make it again.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed beef vegetable barley soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions, divided
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, brown ground beef in large chunks, drain.
- Stir in soup, water, vegetables and seasonings. bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions.
- Pour mixture into 12 x 8 baking dish.
- Cut each biscuit in half, place, cut side down, around edge of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are done.
- Top with remaining cheese and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions, bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.