Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is another crockette recipe. It's for small batch cooking in a 1.5 qt crockpot. Cooking time does not include bean soaking time.
- 2⁄3 cup dried great northern beans, soak over night and drain
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped ham (thick cut bacon or lean salt pork could be used)
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- Put all ingredients in Crockette.
- Cover and cook 10-12 hours.
I just got my new crockette, and was very grateful for this recipe. I used dehydrated chopped onion and celery. I also used ham soup base instead of the ham, salt & pepper. Turned out great. Thanks.