Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I found this recipe on-line and this is what is stated about the recipe: "adapted from A Taste of South Africa by Magdaleen van Wyk"
- 907.18 g mutton (such as ham) or 907.18 g pork, Cubed (such as ham)
- 3 slice bacon, Chopped
- 1892.0 ml beef broth
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 stalk celery, Chopped
- 1 large carrot, Chopped
- 2 (850.48 g) can navy beans
- 14.78 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- Place meat, bacon and broth in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in pan and saute onion, celery and carrot for 10 minutes. Add vegetables to the meat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper and serve.
Great home made tasting dish and so quick to make, most items already on hand. Made for photo challenge.