Top Review by Pets'R'us
This was very good, I followed the recipe excactly and did not add or leave out a thing. It did need longer cooking then it said in the recipe. Could not do it faster or increase the heat because the marinated skin would burn. The sauce was excellent, nice thick and sticky.
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dry mustard, sift,removing lumps
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 (3 1/2 lb) broiler chickens, cut into 2 wings,2 breasts,2 thighs,and 2 legs (save rest for another use)
- 1 bunch watercress, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- whisk first 10 ingredients well in med bowl.
- Remove 1 1/2c of mix; cover& refrigerate.
- Place chicken in lg zip bag.
- Add rest of marinade, seal& toss to coat; Chill overnight, turning several times Oil grill rack; 4-5inches from heat.
- Prepare med.
- fire& place legs and thighs on for 10 mins& then add other pieces.
- Cover leaving vent open, cook turning often for 30-35 mins Internal temps should be 170 for breasts, 180 thighs, legs and wings.
- Heat sauce in fridge and brush each piece generously.
- Garnish with watercress.