1/2 Photos of Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding
Sue Lau's Note:
This just makes me a kid again. Cookies, bananas and pudding all in one spot was always almost too good to be true. This is a food group unto itself!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour and salt in a large sauce pan.
- 2Add milks and egg yolks to pan slowly, stirring constantly over medium heat, until mixture thickens, about 7-8 minutes, then remove from heat.
- 3Stir in vanilla.
- 4Layer enough banana slices to cover the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish.
- 5Cover the bananas with 1/3 of the pudding mixture, and layer with 1/3 of the vanilla wafers.
- 6Repeat layering, starting with bananas, then using pudding, then vanilla wafers.
- 7Do the layering a third time as usual, except do not cover the pudding with wafers; place the wafers around the edges of the casserole, tucked into the pudding.
- 8Beat the egg whites at high speed with a mixer until they foam.
- 9Add the sugar gradually, and keep beating until stiff peaks form.
- 10Spread this over the top of the pudding, forming a seal to the edges.
- 11Bake pudding at 325F for 25 minutes or until the meringue becomes light golden.
- 12Allow to cool 30 minutes before serving.
- 13Refrigerate unused portions.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.8
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 69.0 mg
- Sodium 253.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 40.3 g
- Protein 11.4 g