Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the side of a box of vanilla wafers.
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 3 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- Mix together the sugar, egg yolks, flour and milk. Sitr over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Layer the bottom of a 2-quart dish with half of the vanilla wafers.
- Top with half of the sliced bananas.
- Pour half of the pudding over top.
- Repeat layers: vanilla wafers, bananas, then pudding.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve topped with whipped topping.
Perfect! Just how I remembered it. I grew up having this!!! I knew I wanted to use a recipe that didn't use a pudding mix. Thanks!
I made this for company and everyone at the table said it was the best they had ever had. I was out of milk so used 1/2 and 1/2...of course that made it very rich. I also used meringue as a topping. I will definitely use this recipe again...with 1/2 and 1/2!
This is truly the best Old Fashioned Banana Pudding!Very tasty and smooth.