Recipe by carole in orlando
My favorite banana bread. This recipe can be easily made into a 9x13 cake, also. I have been making this bread for years and I prefer it to others I have tried. This is a moist, flavorful bread or cake and it uses vegetable oil and whole wheat pastry flour to make it a little more healthy.
- 4 bananas, ripened and mashed
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts (or pecans)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix first seven ingredients together until well blended. (I use an electric mixer).
- Add the dry ingredients, mixing just until blended.
- Add the nuts if you are using them.
- Pour into a 9x5 loaf pan that has been sprayed with Pam, or a 9x13 cake pan that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Bake the loaf for 55 to 60 minutes and the cake for 30 to 35 minutes or until firm to the touch. I frost the cake with Allspice Cream Cheese Frosting from Zaar.