Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A good basic banana bread recipe made with ingredients that you probably have on hand. Freezes well.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sour milk or 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Mix baking soda and sour milk or orange juice, and set aside.
- Add eggs, bananas, baking soda mixture, and flour to butter and sugar mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into greased or buttered loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Cool completely before slicing.
A good old fashioned banana bread like the name says! I used butter, orange juice and omitted the nuts. DH prefers his slice with butter, it is moist enough for me as is.