Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a recipe my mother in law gave me. Her mom used to make beans every Saturday night for dinner. You can bake them for the 3-4 hours as listed, but I usually just let them bake longer from late morning until dinner time.
- Pick out stones, then soak beans over night.
- Drain beans. Place in large pot with fresh water. Boil until they are tender- about 1 hour. Drain.
- Mix all of the ingredients in bean pot, stir in beans gently. Cover with water.
- Cover pot and bake in 350 oven for 3-4 hours until the consistency you like.
- If you want to bake them all day but they start looking thick you can add a little more water.