Recipe by Lovecookin
I love this recipe. I created it by altering my mothers recipe for baked beans, and I am very happy with the results. Enjoy!!!
- 1 lb white pea beans
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 -5 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the beans overnight in cold water.
- Pick and rinse beans.
- In a large covered pot bring beans to a boil and then simmer for a half an hour-drain.
- In a slow cooker combine the remaining ingredients add beans and water to cover.
- Cook on high for 5 hours-add water as needed to keep the beans covered.