1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Baked Beans
6 hrs 30 mins
This is the first recipe I tried to make baked beans from scratch. It has been a favourite for 20 + years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash beans, place in medium bowl, cover with cold water and refigerate overnight.
- 2Drain beans, place in saucepan and cover with 6 cups hot water, bring to boil.
- 3Reduce heat, simmer covered 40 minutes or till tender.
- 4Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 5Drain beans, reserve 2 cups liquid.
- 6Place beans in 2 quart bean pot or casserole with tight fitting lid.
- 7Mix together all other ingredients (except pork), add bean liquid and stir to combine.
- 8Add pork to beans, mix in well.
- 9Pour liquid ingredients over beans and stir well, be sure liquid covers beans.
- 10Cover and bake 5 hours.
- 11Stir every hour, if bean dry out add small amounts of boiling water as needed.
- 12Note: preparation time doesn't include overnight refrigeration.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.5
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 3461.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 17.4 g