Recipe by out of here
My Aunt used to make these delicious beans in a wood stove oven. So easy and good.
- 1 lb navy beans, sorted and rinsed
- 1⁄2 lb side pork, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in a medium-size kettle, cover with water, and soak for 2 hours.
- Drain beans. Add enough fresh water to cover.
- Cover the kettle, bring to a boil; and then simmer until the beans are tender, about 45 minutes. Do not drain!
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Place the entire contents of the kettle in oven-proof pot with a lid.
- Bake in a bean pot for 3 hours at 350°F oven, stir occasionally. If they look a little dry, add some water as needed.