Cook1 hr 5 mins
Try serving this for breakfast, kids love them. They hit the spot as an evening treat too I like to use "release"non stick foil
- Peel off one strip around the center of each apple.
- Slice a thin piece off the bottom of each and place them almost touching in an oven proof dish.
- Combine the granola,raisins, nuts,cinnamon nutmeg and lemon peel.
- Toss to mix well.
- Divide the filling among the centers of the apples, pack the filling down lightly.
- In a saucepan combine the lemon juice, honey, apple juice& butter.
- Bring to a bubbly simmer about 5 minutes.
- Pour over the apples.
- Cover with foil and bake 350F degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover the apples and continue baking for about another 30 minutes, basting frequently with the juice.
- Cool to almost room temp serve with the cream.