1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Baked Apples
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Try serving this for breakfast, kids love them. They hit the spot as an evening treat too I like to use "release"non stick foil
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel off one strip around the center of each apple.
- 2Slice a thin piece off the bottom of each and place them almost touching in an oven proof dish.
- 3Combine the granola,raisins, nuts,cinnamon nutmeg and lemon peel.
- 4Toss to mix well.
- 5Divide the filling among the centers of the apples, pack the filling down lightly.
- 6In a saucepan combine the lemon juice, honey, apple juice& butter.
- 7Bring to a bubbly simmer about 5 minutes.
- 8Pour over the apples.
- 9Cover with foil and bake 350F degrees for 30 minutes.
- 10Uncover the apples and continue baking for about another 30 minutes, basting frequently with the juice.
- 11Cool to almost room temp serve with the cream.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Baked Apples
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.1
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 46.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 47.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh lemon rind