Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
The old fashioned version of this yummy crowd pleaser. I left out the 1/3 cup sugar that the original called for. I find that the Jello and sweetened condensed milk make it sweet enough.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages apricot gelatin (use orange if apricot is unavailable)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 (4 3/4 ounce) jars apricot baby food
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted pecans, chopped
- Combine Jello and water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in baby food and pineapple. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Beat cream cheese with condensed milk until smooth. Stir in cooled Jello mixture. Spread in 9x13 pan. Sprinkle nuts over top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.