Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a moist, spicey cake. Easy to make and tastes OLD FASHIONED. Good for dessert or as a breakfast treat. Can't remember where I got the recipe, I think from a resident's grand daughter ( I work at a retirement community)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit Spray a 13 x 9 pan with bakers joy or grease and flour.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, applesauce and oil.
- Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes, stir in nuts or raisins.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Cool on rack until completely cool.
- Frosting: In a small bowl mix frosting and ground cinnamon until completely mixed.
- Frost cool cake.
This is a hit at my house.My husband ate half of it himself! Great with coffee in the morning.I made it in a bundt pan.It is easier for me to serve that wave.Great recipe.