Recipe by Marie
Try this and it will surely become your favorite recipe for apple pie. It's the only recipe I have used over the last 20+ years. The combination of sugars and spices is exceptional! Recipe origin unknown - seems like I have just had it forever!
- 4 apples (20 oz)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Pare, core and slice apples 1/4" thick and toss with lemon juice to keep from turning dark.
- Note: 20oz is a kind of apple and the best I have found for this recipe.
- Blend sugars, flour and spices.
- Toss sugar mixture together with apples and mix.
- Pile apples into unbaked pie shell and dot with butter; Add top crust and score top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then 350 degrees for 45 minutes.