Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Try this and it will surely become your favorite recipe for apple pie. It's the only recipe I have used over the last 20+ years. The combination of sugars and spices is exceptional! Recipe origin unknown - seems like I have just had it forever!
- Pare, core and slice apples 1/4" thick and toss with lemon juice to keep from turning dark.
- Note: 20oz is a kind of apple and the best I have found for this recipe.
- Blend sugars, flour and spices.
- Toss sugar mixture together with apples and mix.
- Pile apples into unbaked pie shell and dot with butter; Add top crust and score top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
I am fairly new at fruit pies. I always thought that apple pies had top crusts so I added one. The pie was really good.
I Have just started baking and I tried this recipe, what a cracking apple pie, I have made quite a few now with this recipe and i don't think i will be looking elsewhere. Highly Recommended.
Very good apple pie! I didn't use cloves because I didn't have it and the first time I made this pie I forgot to use the butter but the filling came out really thick and gooey. Tonight I made it and used the butter and I must not have cooked it long enough because it was runny, I put it back in the oven and will see if it thickens. But it was still very yummy! I highly recommend this recipe, it was easy and tasted great!