1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Apple Pie
1 hr 30 mins
Try this and it will surely become your favorite recipe for apple pie. It's the only recipe I have used over the last 20+ years. The combination of sugars and spices is exceptional! Recipe origin unknown - seems like I have just had it forever!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pare, core and slice apples 1/4" thick and toss with lemon juice to keep from turning dark.
- 2Note: 20oz is a kind of apple and the best I have found for this recipe.
- 3Blend sugars, flour and spices.
- 4Toss sugar mixture together with apples and mix.
- 5Pile apples into unbaked pie shell and dot with butter; Add top crust and score top to allow steam to escape.
- 6Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.6
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 33.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 43.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g