Recipe by Lacielou
Ive made this recipe for years and I love it.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This was a nice apple pie. The instructions don't mention what to do with the sugar for sprinkling so I did that to the top when I brushed with the egg mixture. The instructions also do not tell you what to do with the butter, so I cut it into slim strips and placed on top of the apples before adding the top crust. All in all a nice pie. Used your recipe #338544 for the crust. Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 09 :)
- 6 -7 golden delicious apples
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus some
- sugar, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 425*.
- Peel, core, and thinly slice apples.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- add sugar mixture and lemon juice to apples tossing gently to combine.
- mound apple mixture into crust.
- press down gently.
- Fold the edges of the top crust under the bottom crust; crimping edges.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg and cold water; set aside.
- Bake pie for 20 minute
- Reduce oven temp to 375* and bake another 30 minute.
- Brush top of crust with egg mix and bake another 10 minute.