1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Apple Pie
1 hr 30 mins
Ive made this recipe for years and I love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 425*.
- 2Peel, core, and thinly slice apples.
- 3In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- 4add sugar mixture and lemon juice to apples tossing gently to combine.
- 5mound apple mixture into crust.
- 6press down gently.
- 7Fold the edges of the top crust under the bottom crust; crimping edges.
- 8In a small bowl whisk together egg and cold water; set aside.
- 9Bake pie for 20 minute
- 10Reduce oven temp to 375* and bake another 30 minute.
- 11Brush top of crust with egg mix and bake another 10 minute.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.4
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 24.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 0.3 g