Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is my mother's recipe and one of my favorites. It's a classic dessert topped with vanilla ice cream. It goes down way too easy!
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease 8x8 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Evenly distribute apples on bottome of pan.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and allspice; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples and bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream.
This was delicious - a great way to use up some apples on their last leg! I didn't have allspice lying around (it's hard to find in Germany), so I substituted 1/4 teaspoon of ginger and 1/4 teaspoon of cloves. It was great. Thanks for the recipe!
So simple, yet so very good. I doubled this recipe and made it in a 9x13 pan. Good thing too, everyone went back for seconds! Thanks Delish.