Recipe by Melanie Murray
This recipe comes from one of my favorite cookbooks "Duncan Hines with American Dash".
- 1 package duncan hines deluxe apple cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup Crisco or 1⁄3 cup puritan oil
- 1 cup coarsley chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Put dry cake mix, water, eggs, oil, walnuts and raisins into large mixing bowl.
- Prepare cake as directed on package.
- Turn batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes; cake is done when toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack.