Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with rolled out dough, prick all over with a fork, then press a piece of heavy-duty foil snugly into the pie shell.
- Bake for about 6 minutes, remove the foil and bake about 4 minutes more until just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Sift the sugar, flour and salt into a bowl, and stir with a fork; mix well.
- Pour the sugar mixture into the pie shell and spread evenly over the bottom.
- Pour cream over the sugar mixture, completely covering.
- Dab the softened butter in bits over the cream.
- Sprinkle the nutmeg evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden spots form on top.
- This may take as long as an hour.
- The filling will seem liquid but will become more firm as it cools.